The more you use Telegram, the easier it is to build a disorganized collection of chats, channels, and bot discussions. Telegram folders are preferable to pinning chats to the top if you want to keep organized.
Telegram: Organizing Your Chats With Folders
Learn how to make and set folders to manage your Telegram chats better and save time.
Telegram: Making Folders
Telegram folders can be created on the mobile app or the desktop program, with very little change in the steps needed. To change the settings on any device, you must access the Settings menu.
When using Telegram on an Android smartphone or a desktop, click Settings from the three-line menu in the upper left. To access the iPhone or iPad’s Settings, tap up from the bottom. Select Folders to access the UI (or Chat Folders).
Telegram offers suggested folders near the bottom of the Folders page; tap Add to create them. These are useful, but they can be made at home just as readily.
Just set a new folder by selecting the Create New Folder button. Set by providing the Folder a name that correctly reflects its contents. To easily distinguish the Folder you’re working with on a desktop, you can click the folder icon’s silhouette.
Set Telegram Folder Icon
Your next step is to set the Included Chats. Under this option, you’ll select Add Chats, where you can add conversations to the list. You can choose from five distinct interactive Chat Types up top:
- Chats with people you’ve saved as contacts on your account profile.
- Discussions with people you haven’t saved as contacts, such as those you meet in channels, are grouped here.
- Group chats are interactions with three or more people. Telegram channels should be distinct from this.
- Channels are one-to-many amplification groupings. Usually, these are channels you’ve joined (unless you operate one) (unless you run one) (unless you run one).
- Bots: Message threads featuring non-human Telegram bots. If you need to familiarise yourself with Telegram bots, browse the top ones.
- There is a list of Chats below these. All of your current chats are listed here, and the Folder they’re in will be labeled below if they already have one. The amount of chats and types of conversations you add to the archive is up to you.
When you’re finished, tap Done. Under Included Chats, you’ll find the conversations you selected to engage in.
Select Add Chats in the Excluded Chats folder to exclude certain conversations from the archive. The relevant Chat Types are dynamically distinct:
Folder Ignoring chats
Channels whose notifications have been disabled can be ignored by selecting “Muted” here.
Read: Show this on to conceal all channels except those with unread messages.
Disables access to past chats. An archived chat goes from your inbox temporarily but will resurface as soon as you get a new message.
Alternatively, you may select a certain thread using the drop-down menu that displays below these. You may decide to remove a particularly chaotic cable from your list of favorite group chats, for instance.
- Telegram Pictures Cannot Upload To The Chats In The Telegram Folder And Vice Versa.
- You can now create a new Telegram folder by clicking the Create button. Make doing that until you have enough. Making a changeover is straightforward; all you have to do is select a chat from the drop-down list.
Managing Your Telegrams With Folders
On mobile devices, you can access the conversations within a folder by pressing on the Folder’s icon at the top of the page. The shortcut for editing, deleting, or rearranging your folders is a long press on the Folder you wish to change.
You can accomplish this by returning to the Folders page. If you swipe left on a folder, a delete option will emerge, and if you tap Edit, you can reorder the folders. Telegram folder deletion does not remove the contents of the Folder.
Folders with the icons you selected to display on the left side of the screen when you show Telegram’s desktop. To make changes to a folder fast, right-click it and select Edit Folder, or use the Edit button at the list’s conclusion to return to the Folders page. The folders can move around by clicking and dragging them around.
Keep in mind that if you use Telegram on numerous platforms, any updates you make to a folder will be synchronized across all your devices. Both the sequence and the contents will update simultaneously.
Telegram’s basic file management functions apply inside each Folder. If you or another chat member adds to an existing thread, it will rise to the top of the list. To keep a particular chat thread at the top of the list, you can access the Pin option by right-clicking it (on a desktop) or long-pressing it (on a mobile device) (on a mobile device). With Telegram, you can pin as many messages as you like, which might be different for each Folder.
Tried and True Telegram folders
What if you want to use folders but need guidance on how to do so? A few samples of possible contents for a Telegram folder are as follows:
You should establish a dedicated folder for your most essential groups, perhaps labeled “VIP” or something like that.
A separate folder called “Unread” holds all of your chats, minus the ones you’ve already read. It’s now easy to
- locate unanswered threads awaiting your response.
- Use these convenient Channels chat to keep your chats separate from the noise of the channels.
To learn how to set up a voice chat in your Telegram channel, click here.
These are just a few ideas to get your imagination going. Based on the chats you use frequently and the diversions you use, create folders.
Organizing the Mayhem of Telegram with Folders
To better manage your chats, you can now make folders in Telegram. Whether you want to separate work and personal chats or use a dozen folders to keep track of everything you follow, having folders is helpful.
Meanwhile, this is merely one of Telegram’s many beneficial capabilities.